This agreement is between you, the user of HCI website(s), and HostelCulture International Limited (HCI).
These are the terms & conditions of service specifically related to booking tours via HCI sites.
You confirm that you are of legal age to lawfully use HCI web-sites & services, to enter into a contract and that you are solely responsible for all uses performed on said sites / services by you, even if on the behalf of another. All tours available to book are promoted by HostelCulture Experience Limited (HCE) and are operated by freelance tour guides who are in a contractorial relationship with HCE.
FREE TOURS are operated on a tips-only basis whereby you can tip the tour guide what you feel like on the tour but this is not obligatory. Tour guides are freelance guides and do not receive any income for these tours other than tips. The tours are for individual travellers and pre-booking is not necessary however we strongly recommend doing so as pre-booking gives you priority on tours in the highly unlikely case that we cannot accommodate everyone on a particular tour. Individuals are expected to arrive to the meeting point no later than ten minutes before scheduled tour starting time. Available places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Groups of 10 or more people are subject to a per-person fee. It is highly recommended that groups schedule a private tour to guarantee touring together with a private guide. In such cases there is an option to tailor make the tour to best suit your group re. starting time, duration, general topics covered and the guide can even collect you from your accommodation provider or desired meeting point in the city centre where possible. You can enquire about a private tour here.
The Backpacker Pub Crawl and certain tours are paid tours as specified.
To make a booking you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit (10% of the total value of your booking) which is retained by HCI on behalf of HCE. This deposit is always non-refundable* including, but not limited to, instances of cancellation of the booking or your non-arrival. You are responsible for paying the remaining balance (the remaining value of your booking after the deposit paid) on arrival to the tour starting point.
- All tours are subject to a minimum number of participants in order to run. In the highly unlikely event that a paid tour does not run we will refund the amount paid when booking.
- The deposit paid when booking must be paid using a valid Credit Card or Debit Card. You confirm that all information submitted by you to HCI, including Credit card / Debit card details, are complete and accurate and that you have been granted the required permissions and authorisations to use said card.
- You will receive a booking confirmation via email shortly after completing the booking process provided that all information provided is correct and there is sufficient funds available to the credit / debit card used to complete the transaction. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail please contact us after checking your junk mail folder.
- Credit / Debit card details are entered on a secure page and transferred using SSL technology. Payment is processed by a trusted, secure & reputable payment portal.
- All currency conversions displayed on HCI sites are calculated by using an exchange rate derived from a third party reputable currency conversion website in real time.
- Please have your ticket / booking confirmation available on arrival to the tour starting point either in printed form or on a mobile device. Students who have availed of the student price may be required to show valid student ID on arrival. Should this not be possible you will be required to pay the full amount, less deposit paid.
- All participants attending the Backpacker Pub Crawl must be aged 18 or over, with a valid passport, driver's license or national ID card as proof of age.
- HCI may offer you the opportunity, via email, to review the tour in relation to your experience and your opinion. Your review may be visible on our site(s). We may also include a link to the relevant TripAdvisor listing for you to submit a review there if you so choose.
- Participation on any tour is strictly voluntary and both your freelance guide and HCE reserve the right to deny participation to anybody at any time at our discretion. Neither HCE, its contractors, parent or subsiderary companies, partners, employees or freelance tour guides accept any liability or responsibility for any injury, loss, damage, inconvenience or other sustained by any person using its services, nor to their property, howsoever caused.
- HCI and HCE will never sell or provide your personal information to any third party. We reserve the right to use data given to us for internal marketing and research purposes. Pictures taken during tours may be used for marketing purposes and on our social media platforms.